Right now I’m in Tenerife and cook for an Ayurveda retreat. Today Mittaf I cooked a root vegetable – cashew cream casserole. You can find the recipe here.
Root vegetable cashew casseroleCourse: Quinoa, Curries & Co., Rezepte
1 cup cashews
2 – 3 cups of water
3 garlic cloves
3 tbsp olive oil
- To begin, cut the potatoes into thin slices. Halve the carrot lengthwise and cut into strips as well. Peel the celery, cut into quarters and slice.
- Layer the vegetables in a baking dish. First the carrots, then the carrots and finally the celery. (Depending on the size of the form you can make several layers). In between, salt the vegetables a little.
- Blend the cashews together with the garlic cloves, olive oil, water and salt to make a cream.
- Pour the cashew cream over the vegetables and grate some nutmeg on top.
- Bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Serve with fresh parsley.