This weekend I fasted for 72h. For this experience I am super grateful and I will probably incorporate this From of fasting more often in my life. Actually, my cravings and hunger have even kept in check during this time. Only one thing has not let me go…. Vegan nut corners !
Nut CornersCourse: Recipes, Rezepte, Sweets & Cakes
1 Cup wholemeal flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 pinch salt
1/2 cup walnut milk
6 Tbsp walnut oil
1/2 cup whole cane sugar
- Nut layer
180 g Medjool dates
125 g ground almonds
4 tbsp walnut milk
2 Tbsp peanut butter
100 g chopped hazelnuts
100 g chopped almonds
70 g coconut oil
50 g dark chocolate
1 tbsp coconut oil
- First, remove the seeds from the dates and place them in a bowl with a little water.
(1/2 glass) to soak.
- Mix the dry ingredients for the base. Add walnut milk, walnut oil and whole cane sugar. Mix everything together to form a dough.
- Coat a baking dish (approx. 20 x 30 cm) with a little oil and then pour the dough into it. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- For the nut layer, blend the Medjool dates together with the water. This will make your date syrup. Stir in the ground almonds and walnut milk. Fold in the nuts as well as the nut puree. Melt the coconut oil and add to the mixture.
- Spread the nut mix on the dough.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes at 180 degrees and top-bottom heat. Make sure that the nut layer does not burn (cover if necessary).
- When the dough is completely cooled, you can cut corners from it. In the last step, melt the chocolate together with the coconut oil and decorate the nut corners with it.
- Store nut cookies in a cool place or polish them off quickly 😋