On our last tapas evening in La Gomera there were many , vegan treats. Among other things, this tortilla with roasted potatoes, zucchini and leeks. Maybe the best tortilla I have ever eaten !
Roasted Potato – TortillaCourse: Uncategorized
olive oil for frying
2 tsp paprika powder
4 tbsp chickpea flour
200 ml vegetable milk
250 g natural tofu
1/2 tsp turmeric
3 pinches Kala Namak
1 pinch nutmeg
- Cut the potatoes in half and pre-cook for 10-15 minutes at the beginning. In the meantime, halve the zucchini lengthwise and cut into thin strips. Chop the onion.
- Then fry the zucchini together with the onion in a pan for 10 minutes and season with salt and oregano. Afterwards put aside in a bowl.
- Drain the potatoes from the water and cut into slices. Fry them in plenty of olive oil, season with salt and paprika powder and fry until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, cut the leeks into rings and sauté with a little olive oil in a separate pan. Add a little salt and set aside.
- Grind the tofu with your hands. Add the oat milk, chickpea flour, turmeric, a pinch of nutmeg and Kala Namak sulfur salt. Blend briefly with a blender, but there should still be small pieces of tofu in the mass – so do not blend too long. The mass should now be thick.
- When the potatoes are browned, add the zucchini and onions back into the pan. Mix the vegetables and pour the tofu-chickpea mixture on top.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 30-40 minutes over medium heat. After 15 minutes of cooking, add the fried leeks and yeast flakes on top of the tortilla. Let cook for another 15 minutes until the mixture sets.
- Remove the tortilla from the heat and let it cool slightly for 10 minutes with the lid on, this will make it a little firmer again.
Optionally serve with fresh herbs a little pinch of Kala Namak.