Curries can be prepared in so many different variations. This recipe is with cauliflower and fresh spinach. Served with spicy chickpeas and rice a real treat for the palate.
Cauliflower chickpea curryCourse: Quinoa, Curries & Co., Rezepte
1 cup rice
2 cm ginger
3 garlic cloves
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp cumin
1 can coconut milk
200 g fresh spinach
1 jar cooked chickpeas
a little paprika powder and salt
2 tbsp olive oil
Juice of half a lime
- Bring the rice to a boil in a pot with twice the amount of salted water. Bring to a boil for 5-10 minutes and then leave on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Cut the cauliflower into small pieces. Finely chop the ginger and garlic and sauté them in the coke oil together with the spices in a pan for 5 minutes. Add the cauliflower and sauté everything for 15 minutes. Deglaze with the coconut milk and let the curry boil down for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the chickpeas. Separate the liquid from the chickpeas (with a sieve) and season with the olive oil, paprika powder and salt.
- Either fry the chickpeas in a pan or roast them in the oven at 180 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Chop the fresh spinach and fold into the curry. Season the curry with lime juice and salt. Serve with the rice and chickpeas.